Psalms 61| Trust In God Alone | A Psalm of David


To the chief Musician upon Neginah, A Psalm of David.


 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.



 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
                           
 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.
 You will prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations.
 He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.

 So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.
 (KJV)

A Prayer for Psalm 61 — Lead Me to the Rock That Is Higher Than I

Heavenly Father, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, hear my cry, O Lord, and attend unto my prayer. When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. Be Thou my refuge, my strong tower, and my shelter from the enemy.

Father, hide me beneath the covering of Thy wings, and establish my feet upon the foundation of Thy everlasting truth. When my strength fails, strengthen me by Thy Spirit. When troubles surround me, let Thy presence be my peace.

Preserve my life according to Thy mercy, and let Thy truth continually guide and protect me. May I abide in Thy tabernacle forever, rejoicing in Thy faithfulness and singing praises unto Thy holy name.

In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen and Amen.